Sports Missions Outreach
What is Sports Missions Outreach?
Sports Missions Outreach (SMO) is an outreach ministry led by Pat Teague. We use sports to share the great news of Jesus Christ. He faced the challenge set before Him and conquered. 1 Corinthians 9:24 tells us to run the race of life in such a way as to win. This ministry is all about helping you win that race that is set before you. Hebrews 12:1-2 explains to us that there is a great crowd of witnesses cheering for you. We are a part of that crowd cheering you on as you run the race God has given you to impact the world!
Pat Teague is a Community Sports Chaplain to private and public schools, including local universities, where our students attend. Pat reaches out to athletic directors, coaches, and students.
In the arena of sports, students can express their values, goals, and dreams. If we can reach athletes where they live, they can genuinely connect with Jesus.
Pat is always eager to partner with current and former athletes, coaches, and fans who want to love their zipcode by serving in sports. Contact Pat to see how you can get involved!
Email: Click HERE.
Text or call: 919-247-2572
Ways You Can Support Pat:
- Pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit in Pat's life and this ministry.
- Email an encouraging note about how the ministry has blessed you.
- Participate on his support team through prayer.
- Share about Pat's ministry with others.
- Become a monthly financial supporter or make a one-time donation:
- Give Online - Under 'FUND' select 'Chaplain SMO'.
- Give by Check - Make a check to "Crossroads Fellowship" with "Chaplain SMO" in the memo.
Pat is a member of Crossroads Fellowship and an ordained minister, having served at a local church here in Raleigh for 13 years. He is happily married to Sheila and has three wonderful children. Pat played football with NC State and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and he has been a speaker for over 25 years with Fellowship of Christian Athletes.